Issue No: 02 | OCT-2022
Our programming for kids courses blend STEM together with Coding in a project and product-based setting, to help learn anything from Scratch coding, 3D Game development, Python, Java, Robotics to web development, and read more…
Families nowadays move fast. Parents work 40+ hours a week at the workplace or at home. Kids have after-school activities and homework. Weekend games, parties, and errands leave little time to smell the flowers. Because time is so essential, planning your family’s schedule is key to work-life balance.
Technology has become an integral part of our lives, and there is no doubt that it offers many benefits. However, it is important to be aware of the potential risks that come with using the internet, especially for kids. As a parent, you can help to keep your kids safe online by following a few simple guidelines
Google’s Interland is a fun coding games for kids online full of adventures that helps kids learn about digital safety and digital citizenship in a way that is interactive and fun, just like the Internet itself. Here, kids can practice the skills they need to be good digital citizens and help their fellow Internet users deal with hackers, phishers, people who share too much information, and bullies.
Bring the family, popcorn, and refreshments for a fun-learning SUPER-STEM movie night. Many scientific movies can show kids how fun STEM is. Here are some movies for your next family movie night. We provided family-friendly lessons.
1. Hidden Figures: Race or gender shouldn’t stop you from changing the world.
2. The Martian: Work despite the odds. When facing issues, strategize!
3. Dream Big: Engineering Our World: Kids from varied backgrounds can be global innovators.
4. Underwater Dreams: Anyone can vanquish Goliaths with imagination, effort, strategy, and luck.
5. Apollo 13: There’s more to problem-solving than overcoming obstacles. Leadership, communication, courage, and teamwork are all important.
6. The Lego Movie: Life has no manual. You can obey the rules, but sometimes ingenuity and problem-solving are your only options.
7. Big Hero: Friendship and teamwork are as important as obstacle-solving skills. When our friends need us, we’re heroes.
8. Wall-E: Progress, development, and technology are good, but they must not harm the environment.
9. Meet the Robinsons: Keep going! Never let difficulties stop you from succeeding.
10. Dr. Suess’ The Lorax: We can maintain the earth for future generations if we respect the ecosystem and all living species.
Physics Toolbox Suite Pro is a free app that lets you use the power of mobile sensors like motion, light, sound, magnetic field, and ambient pressure sensors. It makes science classes better and easier to do research that can be used in high school, college, and the workplace.
Learn more about the SkoolofCode community and the Curious Coders who share their experiences studying and coding on our YouTube channel.