In this day and age where technology is our prime need, programming languages might become a necessary skill set. Knowing programming languages gives your child an edge in several ways. From an early stage of their life, they can develop an instinct for technical products. This will give them an edge later in their careers. However, it can be really overwhelming to decide which are some of the best programming languages for your child to learn. Let’s get some clarity about learning the best coding languages and best programming languages.
Best Programming languages for kids in 2022
There is a wide variety of programming languages in the technological world today. As the niche evolves, there are more and more languages coming up for the specific needs of the developers. While choosing a programming language for your child to learn it is important to get a basic idea about it beforehand. Let’s take a deeper dive into the top 10 programming languages for kids:
- Scratch – This is one of the best programming languages to start a child’s journey to learn code. It is simple enough to learn; there are several sources available for the same. It also provides enough functionalities to create animation, art, music, and more. All of these are things that children love to experiment with.
- HTML – One of the best coding languages for web development. It is a super simple language for children to start experimenting with. It provides several functionalities to create internal web pages. It also integrates CSS, which enhances the appearance of the website and the web pages.
- Python – This is a widely used language yet simple to learn. Python can be a great start to learning to code for your child. It looks and feels like normal spoken language. It is widely used for web development and a lot more.
- C++ – There are several opinions from different experts about children learning C++. This language looks a lot like maths, and it might make children averse to learning code. It is also one of the most widely used languages all over the world.
- Java – This is a very simple language for students to learn. It also provided more functionalities so the kids could create a more robust platform. It is very easy to learn, and students can grasp the concepts better in a virtual classroom.
- Ruby – Another very readable programming language. It is an easy digest for children, and it makes it easier for them to write a good script with the help of Ruby. It is also self-explanatory. So the teacher can take time in the class to help children learn good scriptwriting skills rather than explaining every portion of the code to them.
Coding languages and who should adopt that
Coding is a functional process where a code translates commands to a language for the computer to understand the commands. Let’s look into who can learn programming languages quicker!
Learning how to code is for everyone, there is no “best” group of students to learn to code. However, there are some traits that you can look out for in your child to see if they will be more receptive to the concepts of code.
- Curiosity – the world of code is basically an applicable field for problem-solving. It is important for the child to be curious to enjoy coding.
- Ability to sit with themselves – Coding can be a lonely process sometimes, and if the child is able to be by themselves, coding can be a great choice for them.
- Interest in solving problems – If diving deeper into issues and solving the problem at hand, coding can be an amazing experience for the children.
These are very few broad traits for the children, but there are a lot more. You can read about more traits that a child can have to make them receptive towards coding here.
How to choose correct coding programs online for kids
If you are going to invest in a coding online program for your kid, it is essential to look for the best one. There are some tips to keep in mind while searching for the best coding online program for your child:
- Value – This is well beyond money. Value for money is definitely an important criterion, but it is also important for the class to add value to your child’s knowledge in the best way possible.
- Action oriented classes – Coding is a practical skill. One can only learn so much from books and classes. Make sure the coding online program provides student-centric, project-based classes.
- Support system – It should always be taken into consideration that your child might miss a few classes. While choosing the best coding classes make sure that you check for extra help and missed classes. The program should have provisions to help your child catch up in case of missed classes.
There are several other key points to keep in mind while choosing the perfect coding class for your child.
Skoolofcode provides best coding classes for kids
- Grade appropriate curriculum
- Project-based classes
- Experts in the field teaching coding
- Appropriate student-teacher ratio for personal attention
- Lesser class strength for in-depth focus on each child
In this article, we saw some of the most easy coding languages for children to learn. All of these languages can enhance your child’s coding knowledge. While these are the best coding languages to learn, there are also some characteristics in children which reflect how interested they might be in coding. If you can relate these characteristics to your child, it is time for you to find the right coding classes and check out SkoolOfCode for the best coding programs!